1. The billing contact for your firm will receive an email notification if a timekeeper rate is disputed by your client.
2. If the client is requiring updates to the timekeeper profile information (default/rack rate, date BAR passed, ethnicity information, etc.) you will need to void the disputed rate.
3. Within the desired client, click on Pending/Disputed Rates under the Timekeepers tab.
4. You will then see a list of your timekeepers with rates that are pending approval and rates that are disputed. Click on the Timekeeper’s Name to view the rate request.
5. Choose Void in the upper right corner.
6. To update the timekeeper's profile information, navigate out of your client view to the Master Settings from the Client dropdown menu.
7. Select Manage Account Timekeepers under the Timekeepers tab to navigate to the account timekeepers list. This page lists all of your account timekeepers and their default/rack rates.
8. Click Edit in the Actions column on the timekeeper that needs to be updated.
9. Update the timekeeper’s profile as needed. Anything with a red asterisk is required (note: Date Bar Passed and First Practiced Year are only required if the timekeeper is a law graduate). Click Update Timekeeper once your edits are complete.
IMPORTANT: If updating the rack rate, the new rack rate effective date must be the same or later than the current listed rack rate effective date. The system displays the most current rack rate entered for each timekeeper.
10. Confirm profile has been updated with success message at the top of your screen.
11. Navigate back to your client view, click on Manage Rates under the Timekeepers tab.
12. Click the New Rate button.
13. Fill out the New Client Timekeeper Rate form. You will have to select your timekeeper from the account timekeeper list. Fill out the required fields (note: the effective date should be prior to any time that will be billed). If your client utilizes custom Staff Classifications, they will be available in the dropdown for selection. Click Send for the timekeeper to be sent to the client for approval.
14. On the client timekeeper list, you will then see the new timekeeper listed with a rate in the Pending Rate column.
15. Once the client has approved the rate, the rate will then show in the Approved Rate column and you can bill for that timekeeper at that rate.